Friday, February 03, 2017

FOTD: Everyday Post-Holiday Season Makeup

It's rare that I get to post FOTDs here considering how much set-up it requires for me to be able to get a few good shots! Regardless, I thought I'd share with you this (relatively) easy look that I've been going for these days.


Base and Blush

My base has been pretty much the same for the past four months or so. I find that this gives me the most flawless, smooth base that doesn't fade awkwardly or patchily. I use the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer for my t-zone and the areas beside my nose to achieve a poreless look, and use Max Factor's Facefinity All Day Primer for the rest of my face. It seems a bit tedious to use two primers, but that's just me being fussy. 

The Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation has been my go to for so long because it builds to a pretty solid medium coverage and lasts well throughout the day. I use the L'oreal Lumi Magique Concealer for my under eyes, dark areas, and just below where I would put my contour for subtle definition and illumination. 

I'm pretty much obsessed with my new Colourpop Blush in Aphrodisiac as it gives the perfect hint of colour on the cheeks while being slightly cool in tone to contour. I tried using brushes but found that patting it on with my fingers and blending with my foundation brush is the best method for me. I set everything with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Powder and Skindinavia Oil Control Setting Spray (if I'm going to be somewhere without air-conditioning) and I'm good to go!

Eyes

After doing very elaborate and defined eye looks for the holidays, I've embraced my usual blend-and-go product, the Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather in Creamy Beige. It does well in adding something to the eyes without too much work. A quick curl and coat with the Fairydrops Platinum Waterproof Mascara is more than enough for me. Finally, I add a bit of the NYX Brow Mascara in Espresso to the inner and outer portions of my brow, to make my brows appear neater and more pronounced without adding too much. 


Highlight and Lips

I normally don't do highlight, but the Colourpop Highlighter in Butterfly Beach is too beautiful to resist. It's slightly pink in tone so it really livens up the face, and the lack of any visible shimmer or glitter really allows it to blend into the skin well. 

I've been going for two lip options, though I've been really into browny nudes in the form of the Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips Talk Chiffon in BE109. If I want something more sophisticated and comfortable to the lips however, then I go for the Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle.




The end result is something pretty simple, but still incorporates the essential make-up I love the most which is a perfected base. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment