Tuesday, April 07, 2015

NEW IN: First MAC Lipstick (See Sheer)

Sorry for the late post! I do promise more than one post this week to make up for it. :) It's hugely because I realized the need to take self-portraits for a lot of my succeeding posts, and I'm never alone at home to be able to take these pictures. So yes, this post is also my face debut on this blog! Hope I don't scare you away with it haha!

It's interesting to me how MAC seems to be such an essential brand for most beauty bloggers. Somehow, everyone needs to have something MAC in their make-up collection. It's probably because of their very wide selection, which has always overwhelmed me whenever I visited their counter. I thought I'd share with you today my second MAC product and very first MAC lipstick - See Sheer!

I never wanted a MAC lipstick as badly as I did this year. I clearly lacked S/S lip colours (and lip products in general), and felt like this brand would have at least one lipstick that would be close to what I wanted. I don't know if I ever mentioned, but I'm very picky with my coral lipsticks since I'm not a fan of orange. I discovered this colour in Essie Button's Top 5 MAC Lipsticks video and since then I've always been interested in it.




See Sheer is described by MAC as a 'grapefruit pink'. Its quite muted so it makes it much more wearable for me than a bright coral, which I don't think suits me that well. It's a lustre finish, so the pigmentation isn't as strong as their other formulas (say Amplified or Cremesheen) which is just fine by me since the Lustres are apparently more moisturizing. As a person with dry lips, I don't mind sacrificing staying power for more moisturizing formulas.


I honestly didn't know if this lipstick would work or not, but I'm so glad it did. It doesn't have a white base to it, which can make the colour look stark and just very wrong on anyone who isn't pale. It just adds some warmth to the face without being too bold. As someone who has only worn sheer pinks and reds, See Sheer is a great change and has reopened me to the idea of trying coral lipsticks again.



Note: I do have a resting b*tch face, so please don't think I'm angry! And I realized that the right side of my lip is bigger than the left, which I find strange.

I still apply a lip balm prior to applying this for a smoother application, and out of habit. I apply about two to three layers but I think on lazy days, one layer will do me just fine. It does have that signature vanilla scent that MAC has so it might bother some people who are sensitive to scents. I will admit it is stronger than my other lip products but so far it hasn't irritated me that much.

One thing that bugs me though is that the lipstick started to sweat (droplets forming on it) which has never happened to any of the lipsticks that I own. I guess I'll be placing it in the refrigerator a few minutes before I use it, but if ever you do live in a hot, humid climate like I do, you might want to store your MAC lipsticks in a cool, dry place.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with this lipstick and I'm glad I added it to my collection. I also feel like I opened a gateway to getting more MAC lipsticks (currently eyeing Plumful, Lustering, Hug Me, and Ladybug) which may or may not be a good thing. Hoping I can get Plumful or Hug Me for my birthday or for Christmas!

What about you guys? What was your first MAC lipstick? Have you tried See Sheer before? Leave me a comment below!

12 comments:

  1. Love the color of this one. I would love to own a MAC lipstick, but they are just so expensive!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree on the expensive front! I would have bought more but I guess they'll just be special treats for now :(

      Delete
  2. Woo! First MAC <3 And you finally showed your gorgeousness to the world!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously feel like I opened the wrong door because now I want another one ono And heehee thank you :3

      Delete
  3. What a lovely nude colour! It suits you perfectly as well!

    xo Mel || Sketch & Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a pretty shade!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super pretty! :) You should try swatching it, Adriana!

      Delete
  5. My first MAC lipstick: Viva Glam V that was given as a gift. I still don't have a second MAC lipstick as the other brands have distracted me. :)) I'm working on that, though.

    http://foodworldme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Viva Glam V is pretty! And yes, same! It's taken me a while to purchase a MAC lipstick because of so many other brands!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful shade, really suits you!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete