Friday, March 27, 2015

March Favourites

As you can see from the picture, the number of favourites I have every month are dwindling. It's mostly because I still have quite a small collection of make-up, so I usually use the same things more or less. I was thinking of doing this once every other month or every 2 months just so I have more to mention. Let me know what you think!

This month was hectic but I'm glad that uni is finally over...for now. -_- Since I spent most nights accomplishing few but heavy on my grades requirements, I didn't have time to wear a lot of make-up the next day. These favourites are half skincare, half make-up(ish) and I haven't mentioned most of them before.


The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye and Lip Make-Up Remover

I bought this late February and talked about it in my make-up removers post, but I really love how easily it removes eye make-up. I haven't had a dual phase remover in years and now I finally see why its so useful to have. I just soak a cotton pad (well, most of it because I don't want to use too much product), press it on my closed eye for at least 15 seconds, and by then 90% of my eye make-up is gone. It's really gentle too and inexpensive, so I highly recommend it!

Clio Kill Brown Waterproof Brush Liner

I forgot which favourites I mentioned this in but obviously I still have it, and it's still going strong! I'm more of a brown eyeliner kind of person and I love how it adds a little more attitude without being as bold as a black eyeliner would. Plus, it has a brush tip versus a felt tip, so the point stays sharp and it has not dried out on me yet. 

Kiehls Skin Rescuer

I got this deluxe sample from my Christmas Haul. It addresses redness and stressed skin, which is exactly what I was looking for in a skin care product. It is quite hydrating to the point that it will leave a sheen on your face, so I use it in the evening. The next day, my skin is devoid of the usual irritated redness and looks much brighter. Despite my 'Only 5 non-drugstore purchases' regulation, this is definitely worth buying the full-sized version for.

Skin Food Black Sugar Mask

I only appreciated what this did for my skin when I used it sparingly. It's a great physical exfoliating mask that leaves skin soft yet hydrated after use. I love using it midweek when I'm feeling tired and when my skin has those teeny tiny bumps (I don't know what they are, if someone does please let me know!) because it adds a bit more life into my skin and makes it smoother for days.

There you have it! Let me know what products you loved for March - I'm always looking to try new things so feel free to leave me a comment below. Also, if you have any requests for posts you want me to do or think I should do, don't be shy to tell me because I'm open to ideas!

Hopefully (and I emphasize hopefully) my next post will be a review on a mascara I've been using and loving since the day I got it, so anticipate that for next week!

6 comments:

  1. The Skin Food mask sounds great! Love using masks, it's such a ritual.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Khiels! I haven't tried their Skin Rescuer but it definitely looks like something I'd love. Thanks for sharing!
    xo
    Maria // Fox and Arrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiehls is great! Thank you for your comment, Maria! :)

      Delete
  3. You can try homemade black sugar scrubs and masks as well, they are great! :)

    The Manor House Gardens are lovely, perfect for Easter celebration :)

    Have an awesome day!
    Anna x

    Pattern Of Taste | Our Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Anna! I've tried, but they always crystallize! :( Thank you for the suggestion, though!

      Delete