Friday, January 23, 2015

SPOTLIGHT: NARS Audacious Lipstick in Audrey

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share with you this beautiful lipstick I got during a workshop with Jenny Smith I went to over 3 months ago. They featured the new Audacious lipsticks from NARS and I have been lusting over this particular shade ever since I've seen the swatches. That plus the 10% discount was enough to take the NARS Audacious Lipstick in Audrey home with me.

And yes, this is a very overdue post (_ _)




First, the packaging is gorgeous - no more of that rubbery, finger-print-magnet packaging that drives people who are obsessed with keeping their things looking clean and new nuts. It's now has some weight to it, is no longer made of plastic, and is magnetic, so you never have to worry about the cap falling off in your bag. It looks and feels a bit luxurious and is definitely a step-up from their old packaging!


Audrey is described as a 'red currant', though I think it's more of a muted red with a tinge of pink. On my lips it looks quite dark, but that's exactly what I love about it. It seems to have a little bit of cool undertones as it does make my face appear brighter. It's fully opaque in just one swipe as it claims, and isn't moisturizing nor drying, which I don't mind one bit as most lipsticks I've tried have been horrible to my lips.


I purchased the Etude House Play 101 Pencil in #23 and it is almost the same colour as this lipstick, if not a teeny tiny bit darker. I lined my lips with this and then put two layers of the Audrey lipstick, blotting in between every layer. Compared to just using the lipstick alone, the liner helped make my lips look more defined and a little less messy. It did not budge well into nearly the fourth hour after application, but I took it off by then so I can't say how well it fares after eating or drinking. It does leave a stain though so I do think it helps with longevity.

I'm so happy to have this as my first lipstick purchase (as my first real lipstick was the Etude House Minnie Kissing Lips which I talked about in the past) and I'd love to try another Audacious lipstick. I'm currently eyeing Anna (described as a 'smokey rose' that would be great for everyday), Vera (a 'bright raspberry', if I ever get adventurous enough to try something bright), and Vivien (a 'red plum', which I loved on Shari from The Misty Mom!).

What about you guys? Have you tried the Audacious lipsticks? What colours do you have or are planning to get? Feel free to leave me a comment or two below!


12 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful! Definitely going to have to try this out :) X
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elise! Yes try it out! I think its a colour that can work on a lot of skin tones. :)

      Delete
  2. That shade is so beautiful though. I'm still sad that Shang didn't push through because I wanted to go makeup window shopping with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same :( I wanted to see what you guys would buy hehe. They haven't restocked the Audacious lipsticks since it released in October though :c

      Delete
  3. I didn't realize they changed their packaging! I'm glad it won't be the matte packing that gets grubby really fast. The shade you chose is gorgeous, it definitely looks like a muted red to me as well :) it looks so pigmented<3

    ElizaDeath Taylor | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pigmented! :) And yes I'm glad they changed the packaging, too - it looks very sleek and sophisticated now!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is! I was lucky to find a lip pencil that matched it!

      Delete
  5. These have been sold out everywhere I go to see them :( Look so pigmented and amazing, can't wait until I can test them :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me! They haven't restocked since they released them here. What shades are you looking to try, Erin? :)

      Delete
  6. LOVE this colour, I love Nars lipsticks and their packaging. Nars is just a winner all round!!!

    www.luciaflorence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True true! NARS is definitely one of my favourite brands!

      Delete