Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The Wonder of the Japonesque Power Curler

I've used my Shu Uemura Lash Curler for about two years now, and I have to say it was a good run. Honestly it was getting a bit painful to curl my lashes with it these past few months which is why I had to look for an alternative. Repurchasing the Shu curler in stores would cost more than some high end foundations - no joke - which is what led me to the Japonesque Power Curler


Honestly, it was love at first...curl? The shape is a little more almond, therefore more flat and less curved, which I discovered to be perfect for my eye shape. It gets 90% of my lashes save for the ends, but its nothing a second curl can't fix. Best part? No pinching whatsoever. I never realized I was actually experiencing a bit of it while I used the Shu curler. No pain from the Japonesque this time!



The lashes themselves stay in position until the end of the day (>10 hours), but that can be attributed to the fact that I only wear waterproof mascara. Though for stick straight Asian lashes, I have to say that's very good. For non-waterproof mascara or for wetter formulas, I observed that they maintain 60% of the curl after 3-4 hours, so those of you who like water resistant, take note!

L - Japonesque R - Shu Uemura. The reason why Japonesque lays flat against the eye (therefore getting more lashes) is because the clamp is on the outer side. The Japonesque curler is also larger in size.

Curve comparisons with Japonesque on the left. As I mentioned, the Japonesque one is a little less curved and more of an almond shape.

I also love that I can get free refills of the curler pad from Japonesque online or Beauty Bar where I purchased it, for as long as the lash curler is in tact. Since I'm pretty careful with my things, I'd say thats a good couple of years.

All in all, the Japonesque curler was a very worthy investment and will be something I will be repurchasing in the future. Sorry, Shu Uemura!

Not really. You pinched my eyelids for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment