Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Quick Review: Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder

As much as I enjoy doing in depth reviews, sometimes I just want you all to know about a product without going into too much detail. Its also great for older products especially popular ones, as I'm sure many of you have read a million or two reviews at this point. 


On the chopping block today is the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder. Hailed as the drugstore dupe for the Chanel Les Beiges Powder, it has rightfully earned its fame as one of the best products from the drugstore. 


It's housed in a slim compact plus a mirror that is easy to take around for touch-ups (and touch-ups can happen with this, as it never looks cakey when applied over old makeup). It is finely milled aka close to undetectable when applied on the skin, and doesn't make foundation bunch up or collect after hours of wear. I find that this fairs well with oil control, as it takes a bit longer for my natural oils to shine through with this, especially after touch-ups! I've had this for four months now and it looks like I haven't made a dent, so it looks like it's going to last a while with me.

I will say that at 11.99 EUR/13.3 USD/649 PHP, its quite pricey for something categorized as "drugstore". It is advertised as 'hypoallergenic' but it is scented, so stay clear if you are someone who reacts easily to scented products. It is also (to my knowledge) only available in the UK and Ireland, so it isn't as easily acceptable as I would have liked. 

Nonetheless, it's easy to say that I'm quite smitten with this powder and I'm glad that it is as good as it was hyped up to be. I've been recommending this to everyone who will listen, and that's quite rare for me considering I hold very few products in high esteem. 

What about you guys - have you tried this? Have any powder recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment