Friday, September 09, 2016

Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette Review



This review has been a long time coming! I purchased this palette back in June as I felt I needed more  variety in my eyeshadows. I had both cools and mattes, but strangely not enough warm colours, which compliment my skin tone very well. After a long period of indecision, I settled on the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette, which got a lot of praise with its launch last year.



It's housed in a very slim cardboard palette with a magnetic close, something I thought I wouldn't buy for myself but here we are! I do find that because of its size, its easy to slot in, making it (hold your eye rolls, I know you hear this all the time) "perfect for travel". 


The palette itself contains 10 shades that lean warm. It has a good range of lights and darks, and includes 6 shimmery shades and 4 matte shades. Honestly, I would definitely wear all the shades save for the last two (Infusion and Delicate Acidity) only because I don't know how to incorporate them into a look I would wear daily. The rest however, have already been used numerous times!



As soon as I swatched them, I was blown away by the quality of the shadows. It came out pigmented, buttery, and very even, something not even my best Urban Decay eyeshadows can manage (yep, I said it). Its not overly pigmented that its hard to work with, but you're not constantly building colour just to achieve opacity, either.



I find that there is little fallout on the pan and on the skin, which is a huge plus in my book. I do keep the transparent guard that comes with it which helps keep the palette clean, which might explain why my palette still looks almost unused. I like my things very clean, what can I say?

I find that these last for a good 5-6 hours before they begin to fade, but take note that this is in humidity. I tried these on when I was in Ireland and I found they lasted for about 2 hours more. It creases around the 7 hour mark, which isn't too bad considering my oily eyelids! I do always wear primer, though I'd imagine that this would wear better on drier lids.

This cost me around 1106 PHP when I purchased it at Sephora PH. It retails for 21.80 EUR on the Zoeva website. It may not be available in offline stores but it is widely available online; you would just have to pick the site depending on your location.

This is easily one of the best eyeshadow palette purchases I've made (which is a bold statement considering how much I loved my Naked 2 and Too Faced Natural Matte Palette) and I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for warm eyeshadows on a budget! 

No comments:

Post a Comment