Friday, September 02, 2016

Etude House Chiffon Lipstick (109) Review

For the beauty post! 

I wasn't alerted to the release of this product until my best friend raved to me about how amazing the formula and colour of their nude lipstick was. Since I do vouch for the quality of Korean cosmetics, I knew I had to give the Etude House Dear My Lips Talk Chiffon Lipstick in BE109 (what a mouthful) a go.


Packaging-wise, its different from Etude House's usual design where they have a bow in the middle where the lipstick opens. Instead the tube is lighter, sleeker, and more minimalistic, though it is still in the usual colour pink outside. It's nothing too special, but you do have to admit that its really cute.


I've also been on the hunt for a decent nude lipstick myself, but I wasn't so willing to splurge on MAC Hug Me, which was the one I've been eyeing for a good few years now. I took a chance with this colour and I do have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. The colour is a browny nude that leans a little dark, but not too dark that it looks unnatural or too stark. There aren't any hints of peachiness or pinkness to it, which is why I think it doesn't wash me out. 


Formula-wise, its definitely a cross between a satin and a matte. Its definitely not a drying matte at all, but if you rub the lipstick between the lips, you can feel a very slight graininess to the texture. It definitely doesn't have that shine as most nude lipsticks do, but its not flat like liquid lipsticks. The dryness peaks at about 3-4 hours, by which I would recommend a lip balm just to make the wear more comfortable. It is very lightweight, so much that I do forget I'm wearing it from time to time.

There is a light, candy scent upon application, but its pleasant and fades after 20 minutes or so. It lasts 3-4 hours on me without eating or drinking, and leaves a very light stain. I didn't expect it to last for hours anyway, but those looking for a long-lasting nude lipstick should take note.

I will say that I'm slightly pissed that this broke from the base (pictures to follow). I'm pretty sure I didn't drop it, but its something that has happened to lipsticks that I did drop, so do be careful when handling this so you don't have to struggle repairing it like I did. 

It cost 12000 KRW, which is roughly around 500 PHP. If my memory serves me right, this is a little more expensive than Etude House's usual lipsticks even with the change in formula, so I can't really say that the price hike is justifiable. I got this during my stopover in Seoul, but you can purchase this at your local Etude House, or on online stores such as ibuybeauti.com

Overall, I like this enough and would recommend it for people who want to get into the browny nude trend, and are looking for an affordable lipstick that is neither too glossy or too drying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment