Saturday, March 14, 2015

Products of the Day: February to March 2015

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share with you some of the products I've been using lately for uni or for when I go out with friends. Honestly, a lot of the time its rather the same, and you'll see which make-up items I can't forego no matter what. Sadly, no FOTD yet (I know, I know, I should show my face sometime) but for those of you who like looking at pictures of scattered make-up products (I know I do), this will be the post for you! I talk more about each product so feel free to keep reading below!


These were more or less what I used the most in February. For my base I've stuck with the Benefit Porefessional-Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation-Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer-Benefit Watt's Up combination, but only when I have time on my hands. The result is a smooth, bright, healthy-looking face even if I don't feel that way. I've been switching around eye primers, which is why I've been trying the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. More on this soon! Of course I had to go with a Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow for an easy swipe and go look (this one is in My Two Cents). I've really grown to appreciate the Clio Kill Brown Waterproof Brush Liner which I got in my Singapore 2014 Haul. It's still going strong, though knowing how paranoid I am about things running out, I need to get a back-up soon. My consistent mascara of choice is the Fairydrops Platinum Mascara, which is probably the best all-rounder I've encountered. Finally, I've loved the look of the NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait for a moisturizing gloss - definitely getting more from this range!


Later in February and last week, I've appreciated the appeal of a lighter base, which is why I fell back on the Lioele Water Drop BB Cream. I usually do my eye make-up in the car whenever I went for this look (with much difficulty, mind you) but it was enough for me to look like I made a lot of effort, even when I haven't. A fail-safe wash of colour for me will always be the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit, which I talk about in most of my posts...oops.


These products are for the days when I thought I had a lot of time, but took too long to do my base and had to rush everything else. Fun fact: it takes me a good 15 minutes to do base make-up. Time just seems to fly by whenever I do! And since I'm starting to slowly get into lip products (I have the lip product queens Summer and Alex to thank (or not) for that) I tried out this Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar that my friend Ena got for me in October. Balmy but leaves a really nice tint - the range is great for those who like bright colours!


Finally, these are the products I've been wearing for the past two weeks. Yes, I do have two BB Creams, but I use more of the Lioele and mix a tiny, tiny bit of the Fairydrops Candybar BB Cream to give a little more coverage. I've also been using the It's Skin Babyface Jelly Tint in #1 which is a sheer but very brightening red. The tint gets stronger after a few applications and it never fails to make me look more awake. Now I see why lip products are such a big deal. Next stop - lip butters!

And there you have it! As you can see, base is very, very important to me. I'll go without every other product but base products. I hope this was interesting for you as it was for me to write. Also look forward to a few new series' in a few months - possibly a top 10 and a few things related to travel? Stick around and wait for my next few posts!

6 comments:

  1. All about that base mhmm but yes to all the new lip things~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes me about 15 minutes to do my base as well. Hey, you can't rush perfection ;)
    I like the sound/look of that water drop BB!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I like the way you think, Jenny! I'll keep that in mind :) oh, and its pretty good if you like very light bases and if you're lighter than NC25!

      Delete
  3. I love that you love KGD Aqua Foundation, Pauline! :) I've tried that Lioele Water Drop BB too but it was too ashy on me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same problem! :c it's sad because its pretty lightweight too, which is why I usually use the tiniest amount or I mix it with another base :)

      Delete